Services for Local Governments and CDDs
In Florida, city and county governments are responsible for providing and enforcing many of the laws, policies, rules and regulations governing when and how business happens in Florida. Those governments, along with state agencies, including the state’s water management districts, special districts, and community development districts (“CDDs”), also plan and provide the majority of the physical infrastructure constructed and operated for the benefit of Floridians.
The attorneys at Fletcher & Fischer, P.L. as well as representing citizens seeking approvals from these government bodies, have experience serving as counsel to those same governments, agencies and special districts.
Our work with public clients has included:
- Serving as developer and district counsel in establishment and operation of CDDs located throughout Florida.
- Serving as developer’s counsel for issuance of special assessment revenue bonds financing public infrastructure.
- Representing bondholders, developers and lenders in CDD debt restructuring negotiations.
- Serving as local counsel for issuance of tax exempt bond financing for affordable and workforce housing in Florida and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Negotiating establishment of tax increment financing districts and financing secured by tax increment revenues.
- Representing local governments in identification and designation of brownfield areas, community redevelopment areas and development of economic development incentives to support redevelopment.
- Representing public housing authority and nonprofit housing developers in obtaining full value of tax credits and refunds associated with state brownfield program.
- Representing local governments in comprehensive land use plan challenges.
- Negotiating master development agreements, purchase agreements and other documents required in public/private partnership redevelopment projects.
- Preparing requests for Qualifications/Proposals and overseeing public bidding for public construction projects undertaken by CDDs
- Managing construction escrow accounts for completion of public infrastructure projects
- Drafting and review of resolutions, ordinances and public contracts for construction and professional services.
- Responding to Government in the Sunshine and Public Records requests.
Fletcher & Fischer, P.L assists cities, counties, CDDs, other special districts and regulatory agencies in providing important services to the residents of Florida. We are focused on building stronger communities through successful redevelopment projects, building workforce housing, increasing economic development activities and completing environmental remediation.